Sunday, December 3, 2017

Piggy Boy!

My little brat Chrome somehow got the goat's protein tub out of their pen (I think one of them got it stuck on their horns and carried it out).  He, Rocky and Zep all pigged out on it.  Thankfully it is an all natural tub that won't hurt them and there wasn't much left.  Look at the mess he made though!

It goes all the way up to his cheekbone...

 Look at that nose!  Ick!!

 His tail still looks pretty good after I washed it.  I need to wash it again....

Sorry for such a short post.  I just wanted to share these pictures of my cute boy.

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Cleaning Up Chrome

I pulled Chrome out of the pasture for his weekly hoof trim and decided to clean him up a bit.  With it getting dark so early I don't spend much time brushing him.  He loves being curried.  I brushed him from head to toe, but I decided to forego the haircut I was planning.  His mane helps protect him in the winter, so I'll just leave it be even though it's yellow and a lot shorter by the withers.

Pre-grooming.  I just realized all of his pictures are of this side.... no clue why I didn't get any from his other side. It was probably the lighting.

I brushed his mane out.  Ugh, I hate how he's torn it out.  It's so ugly.  I want to give him a Mohawk so bad!  I miss his Mohawk.

I love the angle of this shot.  I was sitting in a chair in front of him, giving my back a break from rasping his hooves.  He was watching hubby feed the goats.

 I love my hoof stand.

 After being brushed.  He is so handsome!! Even with his nasty brown mane and tail.

His hooves after we rasped them (hubby helped when my back gave out).  They are a little rough, but he is due for a trim.  I'm going to have to soak them again because I think he's getting thrush, but no sign of white line disease, so yay!

 Then I decided to wash his nasty tail.

I let him eat clover while his tail dried, but unfortunately the sun was setting so I knew I wasn't going to be able to get new photos of him all cleaned up... sigh.

 The sunset was gorgeous though!

I had to hold his tail and swish it back and forth to help dry it before it got dark.  I always forget how much the sun and flies help with drying a tail out quickly.  He was a little annoyed with me swinging his tail back and forth, but all he did was try to move his haunches away from me.  When he realized I wasn't going to give up he just went back to grazing.

This was about as good as I could get with the light disappearing.  You can see he still has a lot of stains in his tail.  I washed it with dishwashing liquid (I know it's extremely drying....), then I remembered that a friend gave me some Cowboy Magic shampoo and conditioner so I washed it again and then conditioned it.  It felt so much nicer afterward.  Before I washed it he had a lot of static electricity and it felt like straw.  I really need to get some blue shampoo for those stains... 

Anyway that's it for now.  I really enjoyed spending time with him instead of just rasping his hooves really quick and then hurrying off to the next chore that needed done.  I miss spending quality time with him.  It's a good thing he's such a sweet, laid back horse.  :)

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Belated Happy Thanksgiving

Just a couple of pictures of Chrome from Thanksgiving day.  Sorry I'm late posting.  I am very thankful for my boy and that I got the day off work.  I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and was able to spend it with family like I did (it was quiet just like I like).  I'm also thankful for you guys, sticking with me even with my sporadic posting these last couple of years.Happy Thanksgiving!!