Saturday, November 16, 2019

New Blog Design (and news about Rocky)


I changed the blog design.  It hadn't changed since 2015 and it needed it.  I know it may be bland for some people's taste, but I'm in a simplistic, minimalist frame of mind right now, so it is what it is.  Please let me know what you think!

Also I've been meaning to mention this, but Rocky went back to my best friend (his prior owner) during the spring of this year.  I was having trouble managing two horses and she was back on her feet, so it was the best decision.  I miss him desperately, but he is happy and Chrome is happy.  I didn't really mention it on the blog, but Rocky was bullying Chrome, leaving him with almost daily cuts and keeping him away from the hay which caused him to lose weight.  If I had a bigger property I would have separated them, but it just wasn't feasible.  He's over an hour away, but I still get to ride him when I visit her.  I'm grateful for that.

4 comments:

  1. I like the new look.

    It sounds like the perfect situation for Rocky for everyone. I'm glad it worked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was sad to give him back, but I tried everything and Chrome just wasn't happy. Everyone is happy now.

      Delete
  2. I like the simplicity of the new look. It also sounds like a good solution for Rocky. It’s hard when you can’t keep them together because of bullying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you both like the new simple look. It is sad dealing with the bullying. What makes it worse is Rocky turned into a bully after being bullied in a prior home. Chrome is just too passive to be out with dominant horses. The donkey is the only one I've found who is more submissive.

      Delete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)