Saturday, January 13, 2018

Boys are good!

 Does he look good in black and white?

Chrome watches me while I play with the goats.  I swear he's jealous!  I've still been bad about posting.  I'm sorry!  The new year hasn't started off great as far as my job has been concerned.  I don't want to go into details on here, but it's nothing earth shattering.  Just short tempers and I've been stressed with trying to avoid the flu that is circulating in the office. *shudder*  I don't know how I'm going to avoid it.  :\

Enough of that though.  The boys are doing great and that's what is important to me.  I just wanted to share a few pictures and I wanted to apologize for continuing to be so absent.


Bad lightning, but he looks good.  He's actually not fat!  I mean obviously he isn't fit or anything, but he's not a blimp either.  Winter is so kind to him lol.  It's so weird to have a horse that thrives in the winter and is so miserable in the summer.  I'm actually dreading the summer because of his sweet itch.... it used to be my favorite season.

You haven't seen this adorable face in a while!!!

Zep is doing well.  He's finally stopped trying to kill the goats (did I forget to mention that?), so that's a relief.  I was worried we would have to rehome him since we don't have a place to keep him that is separated from the goats.... but we figured out a safe feeding situation that avoids conflict.  We are also going to get him gelded, but HUGE truck repair expenses put a delay on our plans... sigh.  I'm so glad he's being nice though because I was in tears when we were considering having to find him a new home!  We've had him almost nine years and I can't imagine parting with him.


 I got a picture of Rocky without his face in a hay bale!  Welcome to the light of day piggie lol.  He's doing well too.  Sorry the lighting is awful.  I took these pictures last weekend at the wrong time of day.  I don't have a lot of choices though.  I never see daylight on work days and on weekends it's too cold outside during the nice lighting times.


I have to wash his tail again ick.  Chrome likes to beg at the dutch doors for handfuls of hay because obviously the goat hay is better than his hay (actually I think it's simply because it comes from my hand like a treat). *eye roll*

Well that's all for now.  Hopefully I can get some new pictures this weekend, but don't hold your breath for me getting them posted any time soon.  I had to work most of the day today and only having one day off a week puts me way behind on things like... laundry!  :(  I hope you all are doing well.  I miss you guys!!

6 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you! Glad everyone is thriving :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you! I hope work gets better. Great to see everyone doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Work ebbs and flows, but it will get better eventually. Changes in management are always an adjustment. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. OMG That is Chrome?! Whoa has he changed! I have missed reading your blog! I just could not do anything horsey without breaking down in tears after I left my horsey world in WI to move to Chicago.

    But now I am starting to put my toe back in the horsey world again. I even started a new blog! https://fearlessriderreturns.blogspot.com/

    I can wait to go back through your blog and watch how Chrome has grown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited you are back!!!!!!! I've missed you. Yep, that's my boy. He's changed a lot huh?? I still think if I'd gone a few years without seeing him I might not recognize him lol. I'll add your new blog. I've been so busy lately I don't have much time to read blogs, but I'll try to drop in every once in a while. :D Welcome back!!!

      Delete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)