Sunday, May 19, 2019

Equestrian Bucket List Item 38 - Complete!


I was able to do something I've wanted to do my whole life!  I rode in a parade!  It wasn't a huge one.  There were probably around twenty horses and it only covered three or four blocks, but it was still so amazing.  Rocky was an absolute rock star (no surprise, he's done this before).  I had SO much fun!  We got to throw candy to all of the kids and I think we even made it on the news, but I didn't see it because it was in a different town from the one I live in.  I wish I could have ridden Chrome, but I think he's just too inexperienced with other horses to do something like that.  I will someday though.  I wasn't able to get many pictures because I was throwing candy and waving, but that's okay because I was able to be in the moment and enjoy myself.

 Waiting for the parade to start.  Rocky was bored, but stood still very well.

 I blurred everyone out for privacy. Lining up for the parade.


This photo was taken on my cell phone from Rocky's back.  That's how close the fire trucks were.  They were blaring their horns and sirens the whole time!  I was so proud of how well Rocky did!!  That was an experience I won't soon forget.

6 comments:

  1. What a cool experience! I've never ridden in a parade. I think both of my horses might kill me if I tried. What a good boy Rocky was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can ever find a horse who had done it before you should go for it. It was so much fun!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on knocking that one off the list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It was so last minute and exciting. I'll never forget it.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Chrome! He's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)