Monday, September 23, 2019

Sad News...


 I have sad news that I learned about last week.  Lady, the pony I grew up with, died last year at the age of twenty eight.  She was the first horse I fell in love with and the horse who taught me how to ride (and fall).  I had her from when I was nine until I was twenty one.  When I moved to a property without a pasture I decided to give her to a friend (I was too big for her anyway and her job in life had always been to make little girls happy).  He kept her until she died last year in a freak accident that caused a broken leg.  It happened out in the pasture so no one knows for sure how it happened.  The sad thing is she was in great health and was still happily being ridden by kids fairly regularly.  It wasn't her time to go.  The bright side is she had a long and happy life.  That's the important thing.

 Below are pictures from her time with me.

 I hand stitched the bells on her breastcollar.  We thought we were fancy! 


 Below are pictures from the last time I visited her when she was twenty one years old.  I regret not visiting her more frequently...


 Rest in peace sweet girl!

8 comments:

  1. Another great horse has crossed the rainbow bridge. Godspeed Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you. I have missed her ever since giving her up, but she made so many kids happy. She had a great life.

      Delete
  3. What a pretty mane! Lady sounded like such a wonderful mare to grow up with

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)