Sunday, November 4, 2018

Belated Happy Halloween! Ride 155

We dressed up as the headless horseman for Halloween.

I've never been a huge fan of Halloween or wearing costumes, but everyone at work dresses up for Halloween so I joined in and dressed as a Dementor from Harry Potter (costume was cheap).  Halfway though the work day I got to thinking how cool it would be to get rid of the mask and accessories and wear the cape as the headless horseman on Chrome!  So much more fun than dressing up at work hehe.  

For the record I blacked out my face in most of these pictures to make it creepy, but I left one with my face.  Also I did not wear a helmet because the hood wouldn't fit over it.  I know how stupid that is, but it's my decision to make so please respect that.


I was lucky we happened to have a bunch of pumpkins sitting around because hubby gets them from the local grocery store for free once they've gone past their prime and won't sell.  We feed them to the goats.  Goats LOVE pumpkin!  It worked out great for the costume.


So creepy right??  I wish it had been overcast and at dusk, but the pictures turned out better in the sun than they would have on a rainy day, so it's okay that the atmosphere isn't quite right.

 One with my face so you can see I didn't really lose my head lol.

Chrome is so handsome!  He outshines my costume hehe.

Now check out this fun video.


For those who can't see videos I have some screenshots below.

My first time cantering Chrome with no hands (that I remember).
First time in a costume on Chrome too.

I wish I could have kept the hood up, but it blew back in the wind.

He did so awesome!!


I was so happy and excited I leaned forward and started patting him on both sides of his neck.  His ears immediately popped up.  I wish they'd been forward for the canter, but I think he was watching the fabric whipping in the wind behind him.  Oh well.  He still did so awesome and he wasn't spooky at all.  When I first brought the costume out I waved it all around him and snapped it in the air around his head and he didn't react at all except to want to sniff it.  I love how nothing I do bothers him because of all of the training we did when he was young.


 I'm so proud of Chrome.  How many horses can go six months without being ridden, get taken out of the pasture on a cold day with the wind blowing and a neighbor zipping around on a four wheeler next door, have their rider dress up in a costume they've never seen and canter with fabric snapping in the wind and be totally cool with it?  Chrome can!!

P.S.  I have stuff to share.  I've just been too busy to blog.  I do want to reassure you that nothing was wrong with Chrome over the summer other than his sweet itch.  I've just decided to give him summers off because it's not fair to ask him to concentrate when he itches and we are both pouring sweat just standing around in the shade.  Now that the bugs are gone and it's cooling off I'm going to try to ride more (if I can stop spraining my ankles that is!).  I'll catch you guys up on some other stuff as soon as I can.  For now I have to go.

8 comments:

  1. You guys have come so far! I love Chrome so much. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Chrome did great, but so did you! Do you know how many riders wouldn't have tried it under those conditions? You two must have a great relationship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! That's a really good point. I didn't really think about it beforehand. It wasn't until after that I realized how incredible it was that he was perfect. I have really grown to trust him so much. :)

      Delete
  3. I love the laughter and the neck pats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! That's my favorite part of the video too. He made me so happy and I feel that happiness every time I watch it. :)

      Delete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)