Tuesday, November 4, 2014

30 Before 30 - #18 Complete!

I normally post my 30 Before 30 stuff on my other blog (LINK), but since this is about Chrome I'll post it here too.  Some of the stuff I chose is hard to say exactly when they are complete, like number eighteen which is to train a horse from weaning to the basics under saddle.  I think I can consider this one complete since my criteria was basically walk, trot, canter under saddle.  We don't have the basics in dressage done yet, but look at what we do have!  Remember this is all very "basic" not finished.  We are getting there!

Riding bareback on the road.



Riding on the road by unfamiliar horses!

 


Even a herd of Alpaca!!


Riding with other horses.


Cantering.


Cantering Chrome bareback in a halter!


Jumping in a halter and reins!


Also, he's not afraid of anything!!

 
 
 
  
 


Trotting in an open field by a huge dozer.


I think we have the basics covered!!  :D  I just have to say, raising him from five months old to five and a half years has been the experience of a lifetime!  I've loved every minute of it (well except when he would get hurt or sick obviously... and getting him gelded wasn't a lot of fun, but it was educational) and I actually sometimes think it would be fun to do again, but I don't know if I'm up to starting another baby under saddle.  The older I get the less appealing that seems lol.  I do love the raising babies and groundwork part of it though!!!  Who knows?  Maybe someday, but for right now I'm loving having my all grown up baby horse that I did everything myself with and I'm excited about our future together!

5 comments:

  1. He's such a beautiful horse, love seeing him mature so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats and nice work! and just think of all the fun stuff you two have coming in the future!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys have such an amazing connection. I agree with Emma, think of all the fun still to come ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would certainly agree you have the basics covered. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)