These are all pictures from last winter simply because I'm sick of not having pictures lol.
It's time for another one of the Viva Carlos 10 questions posts!
1. Have you ever owned a horse? Yes. My parents bought my first horse when I was only five years old. :D
2. What is your favorite aspect of your discipline? I don't really have a discipline. I've always just been a trail rider. I took dressage lessons, but never competed. I want to do dressage and competitive trail riding with Chrome. My favorite aspect of dressage is teaching the horse to use himself better so he can be healthy longer (no plans to do upper level ever). My favorite aspect of CTR (even though I haven't tried it) is exploring new places, it's like trail riding and obstacles are just fun hehe.
3. What pet peeves do you have concerning your discipline? I don't really have any pet peeves. With dressage I find it kind of annoying when people NEVER ride their horse outside of an arena. That just seems so unhealthy for them mentally. Not all dressage riders do that though. I don't know enough about CTR to have any pet peeves. :) I'm a fairly laid back person who doesn't get annoyed easily (except at myself).
4. Do you do barn chores? I keep my horse at home so I do ALL the chores. :)
5. What is your least favorite barn chore? The sad truth is hay shopping! I hate trying to find hay, finding it and then finding out they quit selling it, etc. Or dishonest people who sell you amazing hay and then try to push crap hay over on you saying it's the same stuff when it so obviously isn't. The whole thing is just so stressful. Besides that I think cleaning out the run in shed. It's nice having a tractor, but I still have to do a lot of shoveling and I almost always hurt my back. I wish they would stop pooping in there!!! I guess I could clean it every day and then I wouldn't have that problem....
6. What do you consider the worst vice in a horse? All of them! Haha! I like a well behaved horse. Bucking and rearing are dangerous. Biting and kicking are painful and can be dangerous. Cribbing is bad for their health. Chewing on things is expensive and not good for their teeth. Pawing is super annoying, bad for their hooves and destroys fences. Lucky for me (knock on wood) Chrome doesn't do any of those things. Well he crow hops, but I don't think it's out of meanness. He's just green and confused.
7. What saddle brand is your favorite? Um.... I don't know. I honestly could not tell you the brand of any saddle I've ever owned.... I probably knew some of them, but I never remember them. I rode in Wintec dressage saddles for my lessons and they were super comfortable, but other than that I have no idea. I guess I could say Wintec is my favorite, but it seems weird to say that when I've never tried anything else!
8. Do you ride with a quarter sheet in the winter? Never have, but they sure are cute! Chrome totally needs one on cuteness factor alone if I ever win the lottery (which I won't because I don't play). ;) I don't normally ride when it's cold... that's a new thing I'm trying this year... lol. We'll see how it goes.
9. Does your horse wear boots? What kind? Nope he never has.... that would probably be funny though. I wonder what he would do?
10. Full seat or knee patch breeches? I've only ever worn knee patch. I'm curious about full seat. I never even knew their purpose until I read the comment's on L's blog lol. I could go for some extra stickiness though hehe. Are they comfortable though? They don't look comfortable... I don't see me spending the money on them anyway since I ride in jeans and sweat pants more than my breeches. :)
Thanks for the questions L. They were fun!