Saturday, February 9, 2013

A Plug & More Answers

I have so much I have to do today so just wanted to write a quick post.  First off I wanted to tell you about a blog I absolutely LOVE called Super Ponies (http://superponehs.blogspot.com)!  She's training her adorable young gelding who just turned three so a lot of what she does is relevant to me and Chrome.  She deserves way more followers than she has so go check it out.  :D  I promise you won't regret it!

I also wanted to answer some questions you guys have had.

Allison, I'm actually on the Paddock Paradise Facebook page already.  I think it's on Chrome's FB page under likes or something if you want to join in.  Also you asked if I was going to change the footing on the track, yep that's the plan.  I'm going to leave it as is just long enough to find out which spots are going to get muddy then I'll fill in with rock or pea gravel.  It will be a long work in progress, but I think it will be totally worth it.  :D

DS, thank you for the advice on the arena.  I do plan on doing dressage with Chrome, but no jumping.  His haunches, hooves and rear leg conformation are just not conducive to safe, healthy jumping.  I don't know if I will be able to fit a regulation sized dressage arena, but I'm going to make sure it's at least big enough for two side by side twenty meter circles.  My trainer's indoor arena is like that so you can do a twenty meter circle at both ends and one overlapping in the middle.  It works for her dressage lessons, but she uses the outdoor arena for shows because it's full sized.  :)

Anyway I gotta run, but I'm planning on going for a ride later so I'll try to get pictures/video for you guys!  Later!


4 comments:

  1. You are doing so well with everything at the minute I can't wait to see the changes as they start to happen. look forward to seeing how you go! I've just started following the blog Super Ponies and find it really interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWWWW!!! You are so sweet. I am so happy to have you back. Our boys are going to have an exciting year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you to set up your PP! Your guys live out right? Since Shy has been living out, I have noticed a huge improvement in her, mentally and physically. I bet PP will be even better!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)