Sunday, May 12, 2013

Donkey Day

 My boys playing bitey face.

I didn't have time to mess with Zep much other than feeding him and petting his face, so today I'll just spam you with pictures lol.  I've been busy all week cleaning out my old house and finally finished it (thank goodness since the renters move in June 1st), but still have outbuildings to clean out so I'll probably be busy again this week, but I'm getting there.  :)  Anyway here are the pictures.

ZepZep rolls a lot because the flies bother him but he won't let me fly spray him.  :( 

 He sure is cute doing it though!!

See he's sitting again!  Told you I trained him to sit lol.  Just kidding.  :) 

Look at that evil expression!  I bet you can't guess what he did next... 

 Yep he stole it.

 I'm soooo dying to get a brush after him!  I wish donkeys didn't take so long to shed out.

Grabbing a drink after all of the fun.

One thing I did accomplish this week is that I got his halter off.  I was crouched next to Chrome while he ate and Zep came up really close behind me.  I twisted around and rubbed him nose, then his face, then his ears, then I reached around with one hand and unbuckled his halter.  When it shifted on his face he spun away from me and then stood there.  It finally fell off of his face.  :)  The reason I took it off is because even though I loosened it a bit it was still rubbing his nose.  I'll just leave it off.  Someday I'll get around to clicker training him to accept haltering.  :)

4 comments:

  1. I love the bitey face game. We had a gelding move in w Dickie and I was hoping to see him play. Sadly Dickie has been picking on the poor boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that's sad! Don't give up hope yet! Chrome picked on Zep too, but it didn't take long for them to become best buddies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love donkey picture spam! Keep it coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nut. Donkey day rocks.

    Mango Momma

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)