Thursday, February 6, 2014

It's Snowing!


We've been having icky, icy winter weather for days... that's why I haven't been taking pictures, but when the ice and rain turned to snow I had to get a few pictures.  I didn't get many and they aren't great because it was too cold to stay out for long.  It looks like all we will get is a light dusting on the ground, but it's going to be cold enough to stick around a while so I might try for more pictures later.... but I doubt it.  I've been cold all day and I just don't want to be out in it anymore than I have to.  I'm so ready for warmer weather.  I'm just not made for the cold lol.  Anyway, here are my cute boys.

 Faran looks so much like a Friesian when he raises his head up!


 Chrome's mohawk is getting so tall and cute, but it's laying over in the middle where his neck touches the hay ring.  :(  I wish we could afford one of the horse hay rings that they don't have to put their head under the bar instead of the cow version we have.  Oh well.  I will probably have to hog it again when summer gets here anyway.  For now I'll just trim it back down a little.  I LOVE how it's black at the roots and white at the tips.  Coolest mohawk ever!  :D


The funny thing is that in all of these pictures there are snow flurries coming down, but it doesn't show up from a distance.  It only shows up in the closeups like the one above, especially with the shadows behind him.  

 Chrome and I were hiding in the barn watching Zep.  This picture is from over Chrome's back. 

 The snow on Faran's back.

 Faran looks like a bobble head horse in this one hehe.


I walked all the way back to the house and then the snow really started to come down, so I zoomed the camera all the way in and got this last shot above.  It's blurry, but still cute!  He looks frosted hehe.

Well I'm going back to curl up in my electric blanket and wait for spring..... lol!

5 comments:

  1. Your winters do look icy. I didn't see the sun all day today, and that's a rarity here. I started feeling like I was back in the Sierras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nutty winter. The cold and snow is exciting at first, but then it's just a pain. Bundle up!

    Mango Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. We actually got snow yesterday and are expecting more today. First time in 4 years. It';s pretty, Fred hates it. He's a fair weather guy for sure. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos!
    Hope it heats up for you guys soon, I too hate the cold!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)