Sunday, May 19, 2019

Ride 158 - Happy 10th Birthday Chrome!!!!


Today is Chrome's tenth birthday!!  I just can't believe he's ten already.  How has the time flown by so quickly??  We were lucky to have a pretty day to get photos.  It's been raining constantly all spring, so it was a surprise.  I started out by giving him a bath.


He was nasty!  I forgot to get blue shampoo, so I couldn't get all the stains out, but it was much better than before. 

"Save me!" his eyes are saying.

After the bath we took a ton of pictures, then we had our ride.  I'm going to cover the ride first and put the rest of the photos at the bottom because there are a TON and they might not all load for anyone who has slow internet.  The ride was thirty minutes and was just on the property and the road in front of our property.  We did quite a bit of cantering.  He was being lazy so I got a crop and he tried bucking once, but it wasn't bad.  I used it very lightly after that and he did really well so I praised him and then stopped and did some desensitizing.  It all went well, considering how little work we've been doing.

No clue why the angle is so low, but Chrome's expression is cute!! 

 His tail looks SO much better.

 He was being so lazy.

The weather was perfect.  Look at the blue sky and green grass!

Okay next up are my favorite pictures, then below that is the rest of us posing together, so you can skip them if they don't load or are boring.  I just wanted them to remember the day by.

I about died laughing when he did this!!!! Bored much Chrome??

Yep, he's a pro at posing, but eventually he gets bored.

He still has a decent neck when he gets his head out of the clouds.

Almost white tail and dapples!

Still his favorite trick.  Love his smile!!

Doesn't he look sexy when he's not obese??  I just need to get muscle on him.

Below are the rest of the pictures that shouldn't require captions.

12 comments:

  1. He looks so sleek and fit! I'm jealous of your great conformation shots, I haven't managed to get one of my horse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's such a poser. I just park him wherever I want him, move him forward and backward until his feet are where I want them and then he just stands there with his head and ears up. I guess because I've been taking pictures of him since he was fine months old. Don't give up. You'll get good ones eventually.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday Chrome! He's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, how is he 10 already? He looks so handsome and grown up. except for sticking out his tongue, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea! Time flies by so quickly. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Wow he has changed so much! Happy birthday Chrome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he has. I wish I'd had time to keep blogging so you guys could watch as he changed. Oh well. Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I can't believe he's ten already! Where does the time go? He looks awesome! And that tail!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea! It doesn't feel real sometimes, but then again I can't even remember not having him in my life. It's weird how that works. I'm glad you love his tail! It's hard work getting most of the yellow out of it. :D

      Delete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)