Thursday, March 5, 2015

Ride 103 - 30 Before 30 goal complete!


 Number 23 on my 30 Before 30 list is go for a ride off property in the snow..... I got to do that today!!!!!  We got snow several times in February, but it was never enough to cover the ground. I don't know if it's just me (and my mom) but it's just not as pretty when there are leaves, grass and sticks poking up out of it.  This snow was gorgeous because it was on top of a bunch of ice.  You can see a few more pictures on my other blog here and I'll do another post after this one with some pictures that aren't of me riding.  We didn't go far because the roads are the only place I can ride off property and I didn't want to meet a vehicle on icy roads.  I still had lots of fun though!

First up are the GoPro pictures.

Walking up our pretty driveway.

Eyeballing a puddle.  He was a little fresh hehe.

Our front gate.


Now for pictures my hubby took of us riding out on the road.  Please ignore my eq.  He was fresh so I was a little defensive.


Some of us posing.

 FFA!  Full Friesian Alert!  Staring at a pack of dogs down the road.


 Here are some of me riding in the pasture when we got back.  I didn't realize how nervous I was in the pasture since I fell off out there... :\  Once again ignore my defensive riding.


The sun was so bright my eyes were watering so bad I could barely see.  I was rubbing them in the above picture lol.  Below are some pictures of him showing a little attitude because I haven't ridden him in so long and he's a dork.

Shaking his head and pinning his ears.

 Making faces

Let's go, let's go, let's go!  I was so not ready for him to take off hehe.

 Two seconds later, we have it figured out hehe.

 Last picture is just because I love the lighting on his face.

I'm so excited we finally got enough snow to do this! I had so much fun even though I couldn't feel my toes by the end.  :)

15 comments:

  1. Jealous! I so wanted to ride in the snow this year! :( Love the photo of him staring off at dogs :) I think that's my favorite photo of y'all so far! He definitely looks super Friesan.

    I didn't know you had another blog!! Off to go follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I thought I'd seen you comment on the other one. Maybe I'm just imagining things lol. Thanks for following!

      I LOVE that picture too. His Friesian side definitely shows in it. Thanks for the comment! :D

      Delete
  2. I'm jealous. I want to go riding in the snow. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been impatiently waiting for this snow. Sometimes we go a whole year without snow so I was getting worried we wouldn't get any lol.

      Delete
  3. Wow! It's been awhile (a year?) since I've checked in on you and Chrome. You are doing great with him. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow it's been a while! Thanks for checking back in and for commenting! :D

      Delete
  4. Great pictures!! You guys look great too - even w a little zip in his step :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The good thing is I wasn't ever scared. I just got a little tense riding past the spot where I fell. :) I figured if he did something stupid at least this time the snow would cushion the fall. I thankful I didn't have to find out. :D

      Delete
  5. I was just going to say that riding in soft snow is a good time to fall off. Although, it'd probably be better if the snow were a bit deeper than it looks in the pictures. Again, I am amazed at your ability to set goals and meet them. You are ambitious and you have great self-discipline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks!! I'm not so sure about the self-discipline part, but I am working on it. :D

      Delete
  6. Woo!
    It's so pretty there. The snow is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is the prettiest I have ever seen him--who would even notice how you are riding--he is so gorgeous. I'm glad you like having snow, but if you were here, you would just be dreaming about it all melting away...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! You're so sweet. :D You're right, if we had snow all the time I probably wouldn't like it so much. :D

      Delete
  8. Ya'll look awesome and that last photo is ♡

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)