Thursday, November 10, 2011

Feeling Guilty

I'm feeling guilty that I'm not spending much time with the horses. I expected this obviously because of NaNo, although the house remodel project was sort of spur of the moment and unexpected, but it doesn't stop me from feeling bad. I guess it doesn't really matter. All of their needs are being met. I just haven't been training or anything. I guess a lot of people take the winter off from riding, so maybe that's all I'm doing lol.

I do have to get Chrome gelded though . . . still waiting on the vet to call me back to schedule that. I really want to get it done now so that by the time May rolls around all of the testosterone will be out of his system, although I really don't think being a stallion is going to affect his trainability. Even as a stallion he's been the sweetest, most laid back horse I've ever worked with. :D Anyway I guess there was no point to this random post, just thinking out loud.

8 comments:

  1. I think you just wanted an excuse to post the pretty picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture is gorgeous! Try not to feel guilty. We have seasons in our lives that it is hard to fit it all in and just because we are not training we don't need to feel guilty. We own these animals for pleasure and when we are making ourselves feel awful about things then we cannot enjoying them the way we should. So let the guilt go, give them all a big hug and a kiss and go back to do the things you need to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, well at least you get to see them everyday! I loved the last post. I don't think Enzo would have liked any of those street lines!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are we to beleive that you have not hugged, petted and loved on your critters? I doubt that very much

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is really good to let a horse just be a horse for a while. Especially when they are young. I beleive it gives them a chance to really be able to think for themselves and not rely entirely on you making all of the decisions for them. It grows confidence. IMO. And, he's not just standing out there by himslef, he's socializing.

    Good luck with the on going remodeling. (ugh)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehehe you are all so right. Thank you for your comments. I hug, kiss and love on my boy everyday twice a day when I feed him. :) Normally I go out several more times a day though to train, go for walks, take pictures, etc. but as it gets colder I hide out inside more lol. It is important for him to have horse time, I do need to let the guilt go and not let it affect my enjoyment of my pets and yes I am very lucky to have my boys at home with me, so thank you guys for pointing out those great points to me. :D You are all awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand the guilt! I have four beautiful horses and I spend less and less time with them.

    I love them on the ground but ill equipped to ride...and also afraid.

    Maybe one of these days...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)