Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gelding Chrome!

Eeek! I finally got a date set. November 28th! I'm so scared. I've waited for two and a half weeks for my regular vet to call me back so I did some asking around and got really good reviews for a different vet that is in a smaller, nearby town, so I scheduled it with him. I met him today because I went with a friend who's horse got an ugly laceration on her muzzle/lip and he is so friendly. I liked him right away. :D I'm still really nervous though. He says he puts them all the way on the ground instead of doing it standing . . . if I chewed fingernails I'd be doing it right now lol.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I can just feel how nervous you are. I am sure he'll be fine, I am glad you are getting it done now instead of waiting too much longer. You're doing the right thing.

    Sorry I've been a bit AWOL, just catching up here, slowly but surely...

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEEK! Tick tock, tick tock. The waiting is the worst.

    Mango Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I can't believe vets would do it standing up, every (good) vet I know puts them to the ground. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He will be fine on the ground. They can be done standing up, but usually when they are very young. Your boy is too old to do standing and safer for all. It will be fine!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)