Below is the view from the house.
We went with the 24x16 barn so we can build two 12x12 stalls. We also went with one that is eight feet tall in the back and ten feet tall in the front. Since it's up on a cross tie foundation it is actually a lot taller, but this allows us to eventually build a loft in it and there's no danger of a horse rearing and hitting it's head. We're also planning to close in the front a little bit and maybe put in some insulation (for sound protection and warmth). You can click to enlarge any of the pictures.
But after exploring some they were both fine.
In fact it wasn't long before Galaxy was asking for hay.
Anyway, that's all for tonight. I'll try to get them cleaned up a little and get some more pictures. Or I may just wait until the nineteenth when I do Chrome's progress report. Here's a good idea on how much he's grown. Since coming to live here with me he's grown out of two holes on his halter!! It's almost time to buy him a new one. I'll try to get a picture soon to show how far that is. Night all!