Sunday, February 2, 2014

Tales of Trails

I was told about a new blog called Tales of Trails (here's the link http://tales-of-trails.blogspot.com/) by my blogging buddy over at How Sam Sees It (http://howsamseesit.blogspot.com/).  I'm so happy she told me about it because I already know I'm going to love it!  She write about her awesome and entertaining trail rides in the desert and shares great pictures of her adorable horses, the amazing wildlife and best of all wild horses!!  So go check it out if you have a second and say hi.  :D

We're having awful, icky, cold winter weather again here, so no new pictures sadly!  I was helping my dad work on screening in the porch around his shop buildings yesterday and Chrome was hanging his head over the fence nickering at me every time I walked by, acting so pitiful and lonely.  I finally took pity on the poor bored boy and let him out in the yard even though there really isn't much to graze on.  He was so happy!  He immediately checked the apple tree, but the apples are long gone, then he made his way over to the area where we've been spreading the hay seed that I sweep up out of the barn where we stored the hay.  It's still growing pretty green grass in the dead of winter and he loves grazing on it.  I don't let him graze for long since I don't know how high the sugar content is at this time of year, but it's a nice treat every once in a while.

When he got bored of grazing (because obviously the spoiled boy can't possibly be hungry) he started exploring the woods, so I brought him back to the yard (there are holes out there so I don't want him wandering around).  Then he decided the neighbor was soooo scary and started prancing, trotting and cantering around.  My dad laughed at him because Chrome was cantering across the yard and he saw me come out of the house so he cantered right up to me and stopped in front of me.  Crazy horse!  I think he was wanting to play hide and seek like we used to at the old house, but the ground was soft so I made him chill out and graze some more.  :)  I wish I'd had my camera, but my hands were full helping my dad with the porch.  You will just have to use your imagination hehe.

3 comments:

  1. Aw bless, he sounds adorable. The friesian crosses are such big puppy dogs aren't they?
    ♥ them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout outs! I thought you would like her blog - I'm enjoying it so much.

    Someone once told me that Friesians (and Arabs too!) are the Golden Retrievers of the horse world. No wonder I love both!

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe yes they are total puppy dogs!!! Love my pocket pony. :D

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)