Monday, March 24, 2014

My boys are so cute!


All three boys napping in the sun.  :D  Chrome spotted me, but he was asleep before I took the picture.  This is the first time I have ever seen all three of them lay down together!!  They are so cute!

Chrome got his hooves trimmed.  Good grief they were long!  They look so much better now.  My farrier said his hooves barely flare at all so that's cool, but his heels look like they are getting under run, so we're going to have to shorten the trim cycle.  His hooves grow so much faster in the summer... it's insane!

In other news apparently riding him bareback in loose sweat pants has made the inside of my knees tender.  When I went fishing and hiking today my legs started itching and I thought I'd gotten into a bunch of chiggers or seed ticks even though it's a bit early and cool for them, so I was rubbing my knees against each other since my jeans were too tight to pull up over my knees... The seam on my jeans rubbed the inside of my knees and caused a chafe rash.  :(  It burned for a little while, but I cleaned it and put cortisone cream on it, so it's much better now.  I don't want it to chafe again though so I'm going to be wearing my breeches and probably using the saddle this week when I ride.  The chafing was right where the leather is on breeches, so I definitely need to wear them!  I'm looking forward to seeing how he feels.  I hope having the day off and having his hooves trimmed helps his stride feel normal again.  Keep your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)