Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Chrome's Monthly Progress Report

He's standing on a hill, but I still think this picture is better than the ones I got below lol.

Date: 9-20-11 (a day late oops)
Age: 28 Months
Height: 15.1hh
Height Gain: He's just a smidge over 15.1hh so he's still not growing much. Will he really grow another hand between two and three years? I sure hope so!! Oh and I measured his hips too and they are only slightly higher than his withers.
Weight: The weight tape says 900-910lbs.
Weight Gain: His weight is staying around the same too.

Progress: Sigh. I still haven't done anything. I just can't seem to get motivated. I'm reading the Art of Natural Dressage forum and watching YouTube videos so hopefully I can get motivated to go back to work. :) This is slightly horse related, we've spread grass seed on the lease land and it's sprouting. Yay!

Goals: I want to start clicker training again!! I miss our interaction together. :) That's it. No complicated goals.

More pictures below. I tried using the target to see if I could get him to stop walking forward. I really need to teach him to ground tie. My husband was taking the pictures and didn't get square with him, but they turned out cute because Chrome was playing with the target.

This is probably the best side shot I got. :)

I guess since his growth has slowed down it's up to me to get in gear so these progress reports are interesting lol!

1 comment:

  1. You and me both sista...on the ground tying! :)

    I get overwhelmed when I haven't trained for a while. I've learned that I make a big deal out of it in my mind. For instance, I went out tonight with no plans on CT...even though it's been almost a week! I knew I would feel better if I just did it...of course I love it and we both enjoyed ourselves. I had plans on just working figure 8s with the barrels but ended up working on lateral stuff and standing where I want him when I'm on the mounting block.

    I totally crave the interaction with CT! I like it more than just hanging out and grooming <- which I'm very fond of!

    Maybe just get out there with the goal of doing one thing? I bet you'll be addicted again in no time :)

    PS He looks like he's getting lighter...is he? And oh.my.goodness his tail looks sooo thick!

    Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)