Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Blog Hop: Appreciating What You Have


L. at Viva Carlos has another great blog hop for us!  She said, "Let's take a moment to appreciate the Pros of our current ponies, whether you own them or just ride them in lessons."  I love this!!

So things I love about Chrome:


1.  He has the perfect personality for me!!! I swear we are two peas in a pod.  He's goofy, friendly, in your pocket, lovable, hugable awesomeness!  He has just the right combination of intelligence, friendliness, confidence and desire to please.


2.  He's gorgeous and photogenic!  I swear this horse sometimes looks better in photos than in person!! There is something that just makes him shine in photos.  Obviously I may be a little biased about how adorable he is.  :D

Tarp Desensitization 

 
Standing on pedestal with loud bags for CTR training.

 
Pulling a drag tire.

Learning to work in a cordeo.

Learning to lead from the four wheeler.

3.  He will do anything!  Chrome is game for trying anything!!  I love that confidence.  I can't remember a single time when he has ever flat out refused to do something.  Sure he's been hesitant at time (leading from the four wheeler wasn't his favorite thing ever), but he's quickly reassured and confident to try everything.  :D  I can't wait to carry this over into our riding (as soon as I quit being a chicken, because he sure isn't one).


4.  He's so smart and easy to train!  I bought him when he was only five months old so I've pretty much taught him everything he knows (he knew how to lead, tie, pick up feet, etc. when I got him) and it's been so easy and so much fun!!  Also he LOVES to learn new things!!

 
 
 
 

5.  His color!  Those of you who know me are probably laughing your butts off right now because I'm one of those people who said I will never, ever own a gray horse and now I'm saying I love his color hehehe.  How can I not though?  It's so much fun watching him change!  Maybe someday when he's actually solid gray or flea-bitten I'll probably go back to saying I'll never own another gray, but right now it's so much fun!

Well I've probably photo spammed you enough for now, so I'll give you a quick update. I'm feeling much better.  I felt absolutely awful yesterday, but woke up today feeling almost back to normal.  I went to the doctor anyway since my allergies have been making me miserable for weeks and I really don't want to miss out on this weather.  They gave me some great medicine.  I went home, ate brunch, took my meds and promptly slept all day..... I woke up when my husband came home and other than a bit of a cough (not nearly as frequent as before) and the occasional runny nose I feel good as new!  So I went out and walked laps around the pasture with Chrome (we only went .38 of a mile).  I didn't do his workout, but I'm planning to do it tomorrow if I continue to feel well.

Also while using Google Earth to see how far we walked in the pasture I realized that Faran and Chrome's silhouettes are on there!!!!  Check out this screenshot...


That's Chrome at the bottom with his head over the gate and Faran above him standing next to the round pen.  I couldn't find Zep anywhere. He must have been hiding in the barn.  Anyway I thought that was sooo cool!

P.S.  Don't forget to check out the contest over at Equestrian at Hart.


7 comments:

  1. I love watching grey's color change. Its funny how we have our minds changed. I said I didn't ever want a bay, and here I am over the moon about Holly and how pretty she is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is funny how that works! :D Holly is a very pretty bay so I can see why you're over the moon about her even though you never wanted a bay hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first picture of him is priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you always have the best pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chrome seems like a really neat horse! Gorgeous too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Playing catch up - man have i fallen way behind!
    Couldn't not post to say how gorgeous C is!
    Love the photo-spamming. Please don't ever stop!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)