Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hobby Horse Blog Hop #9

Here are the rules: Answer one or all of the prompts. Link back to Living a Dream's post. Visit other blogs. And don't forget to ask a question of everyone else!


1. Tell us a bit about your feelings or experiences regarding musicals. Do you like them? Have you been in one? What recollections might you have about musicals? I like watching musicals (only seen them on T.V., never in person), but I've never been in one because I can't sing lol.

2. Tell about a near miss or a fall (horseback related) that was simply stupid. Stupid on my part or the horse's?  LOL.  I've been riding since I was five so there are plenty to choose from, but my mind is blank on what caused most of them.  There is one that was caused by a horse's irrational fear, but was probably caused by a humans poor or lack of training.  I was riding a horse for a friend and it was going really well.  He was a fun horse to ride.  Suddenly I reached up with my right hand to brush my hair back and he started spinning in circles.  I was caught completely off guard and fell under his feet, but luckily he didn't step on me.  The best I could come up with is that he was trained completely one sided and wasn't used to things moving on his right side or perhaps he had been hit in the face before with someone's right hand.  Either way it was sad for him and scary for me.  In fact he was the first horse who ever scared me (I was a teenager, around sixteen or seventeen I think) because of his unpredictability and I never rode him again.  :(  I still love on him from the ground though. 

3. What song (or part of a song) defines an event in your week? Um I have no idea!!  I'm no good at remembering song names, singers or lyrics off the top of my head and I'm too tired to try to find something lol.

Now my question . . .

You know how little girls sometimes think of names for their future kids?  Do you do that with future pets?  If so, what is the name you have picked out or your next horse or dog (or whatever kind of pet lol)?



4 comments:

  1. I don't do the hobby horse thing but I thought I should answer your question. I have named my next 5 horse basically. And I have named the next 3 cats that will be born at the barn. Katniss, Trooper, and Spark. Hopefully those names fit the little kittens. I am sure we will have a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say that I name my animals in advance, I usually wait until their personality shows through or it comes to me. However, when we finally can afford to have some land, I am SO naming our cows. Big Mac and Whopper Junior. Or something along those lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GunDiva, hahaha! Love the cow names!

    I do not name my animals in advance. It took me forever to name Shyloh! And the dogs, me and my husband took some time coming to an agreement, he is quite picky.

    Do you have any names picked out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I love picking out names. Someday when I get to have a purebred Friesian gelding I'm going to call him Raaklijn (rock-lynn) which means tangent in Dutch. :D

    I have several male dog names I would like to use, but my next dog will probably be female so it will be a while before I can use them. The only problem is I can't think of any female dog names that I like to save my life lol.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)