Monday, April 2, 2012

My New Mounting Block!

My husband built me a mounting block!! :D I'm so excited. Now I can teach Chrome to stand by it quietly while I climb up it, jump off of it, wave my arms around, etc. I love desensitizing opportunities. Here are some pictures. All I have to do now is paint it. :)

Job site all set up.

Then he drew letters to keep all of the pieces in order.


The finished product . . .

My husband was modeling on it so you can see how big it is lol. :D

The mounting block next to Chrome so you can see how tall it is. When I stand on the top step his back is a couple of inches below my hip so it's plenty tall enough. :D This picture totally makes Chrome look soooo butt high!

When Chrome finished eating he had to check it out.
He says it makes a great lip scratching post!

And great for chewing on! He won't be able to do that once I paint it.
Can you believe how gray his face is getting?

Anyway that's all for now. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to trim his hooves again and maybe get some more hoof shots for comparison from last time.

8 comments:

  1. Very cool! It is getting closer and closer to the big day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! He really is getting gray, it's so interesting to watch him change colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant! Much better than the little stepladders we commonly use!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool, you're ready for your big day:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good... and he doesn't seem bothered by it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks good already but it's going to look really nice when it's painted.

    Nice that Chrome is already using it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)