Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hobby Horse Blog Hop #7

Here are the rules: Answer one or all of the prompts. Link back to Living a Dream's post. Visit other blogs. And don't forget to ask a question of everyone else!



1. I was so embarrassed when . . . umm . . . no comment. When am I not embarrassed? Well, I've gotten better at hiding it now, but when I was younger I was shy (no one would guess that now!) and would blush easily so everyone teased me mercilessly!!! It was awful! As soon as people realized how easy it was to embarrass me and make me blush it was like sharks to blood. Evil, evil people. Luckily from all of it I've learned to give back just as good (or bad!) as I get. So if you can't take it don't mess with me!! ;D Sorry I don't have a specific story. Sooooo sleepy!

2. What did your horse (dog, husband, cat, bird, kid) do recently that 'made your day ' ? Wow, I'm totally drawing a blank . . . I remember one day recently where I had had a really bad day at work and I was exhausted and not looking forward to coming home and cleaning the house. When I got home my husband had not only cleaned the house he cooked supper for me too. Yep, that made my day. :)

3. Do you use sheets on your horse(s) in the summer? Nope! It gets way too hot here! A fly sheet might come in handy, but I've never used them. The horses hide out in the barn (or under the sprinklers) to stay away from flies.

Now my question . . .

Where is your horse's favorite spot (or spots) to be scratched?

5 comments:

  1. Chrome is shedding so he is really itchy right now. We spent fifteen minutes after the horses finished eating supper the other day just rubbing and scratching them. He has three spots that he loves. He will stretch his neck, wiggle his lip and rock his body for scratches on his neck where it joins his chest, on his belly or on his withers. It's so cute watching him. After scratching for fifteen minutes he almost fell asleep he was so relaxed. :D Silly horse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, do I ever remember getting teased for blushing. Now I am not bothered. I can just ignore. If people comment, I just act like they didn't speak. Being shy is a real problem because it is so often interpreted as being aloof or snobby. Nice to have reached the point in life where I can be myself and not worry what people think. The people who love you know your heart.

    Mango Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shy loves her neck being scratched. She will stretch into it. She also likes the spot right where her forelock meets her head.

    I was super shy growing up, too. I used to not talk for days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie likes the crest of her neck scratched.
    Yalla! especially likes to be scratched down between her front legs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Estes isn't much of a touchy-feely horse, but if she's in a patient mood, she'll let me scratch under her forelock and will even pretend to enjoy it. When we get back from a ride, her highness "allows" me to scratch around her ears, where the bridle rides, and her face.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)