Sunday, February 28, 2010

Blog Award

I got a blog award from Kate over at A Year With Horses! The rules are, link back to the person who gave you the award, tell 7 things about yourself, and then pass the award on to 15 other bloggers (pretty soon, with math like that, unless we do a lot of duplicating, every blog in the universe will have had the award!), especially blogs that are newer to you. If you're named below, please feel free to do this to whatever extent you wish, or not - it's your choice.

Seven Things About Me

1. I first discovered the Friesian breed in a book my mom bought me called The Encyclopedia of the Horse by Elwyn Hartley Edwards in around 1994 or 1995. Eventually, looking for more information, I joined an email list called Friesian-L, where I made a lot of friends and learned a lot about the breed. I've wanted a Friesian or Friesian cross for over ten years now. I finally got my Friesian cross Chrome in October 2009. :)

2. Reading is like my own personal comfort blanket. When I was a kid I would read during thunderstorms to stay calm (afraid of tornados - we had a lot). Even now as an adult I take a book with me everywhere I go! Literally if it's small enough it goes in my purse, if it's too big it goes in my car. Reading at night also helps me clear my mind so I can sleep.

3. I have a really bad sweet tooth! I prefer candy over cakes or pies. And I prefer fruit flavored (skittles, starburst) over chocolate. I really need to cut back on my sugar intake though lol.

4. I'm sensitive to caffeine because I don't ingest it on a daily basis. I can drink half a can of mountain dew and be hyper, usually I end up with the "giggles".

5. I stopped drinking soda when I was nine or ten years old. Now I mainly drink water, occasionally juice and on very, very rare occasions I will have soda. I don't drink alcoholic beverages either because they make me sick to my stomach after the first one, are full of empty calories and most don't taste very good anyway.

6. I was very, very shy as a kid, although most people who know me now would never have guessed. If people know what to say I'm still easily embarrassed and the most frustrating part is I blush easily and it's completely beyond my control. Apparently because I'm an easy target people seem to want to tease me endlessly. Losers. ;)

7. I love to write! I write mainly fantasy and sci fi, but I'll occasionally write realistic fiction. I'm very private (one reason I'll probably never publish) about my writing and the only two people on the entire planet that I've ever let read any of it is my twin sister and my husband. One of my biggest accomplishments was writing over fifty thousand words in fourteen days for NaNoWriMo.

Now I'm supposed to tag fifteen other bloggers, but I don't know that many bloggers and a lot of you have already done this, so if you want to give it a shot go ahead. Please leave me a comment so I can go to your blog and read what you wrote. :) Thanks Kate!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award, and I must say you may be the first blogger to write 7 things about yourself (from what I have seen so far).
    Twinkie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great award and it was really nice to get a chance to learn more about you. It would be nice to get a chance to read some of your stories. We love reading your blg writing! Linda From Corgi Country

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writer's unite! I love writing and have tried my hand at the fantasy/sci fi genre myself. Although I've never partcipated in NaNoWriMo, I have given it some thought. (Btw I have a weird obsession with reading blogs from start to finish)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I do too. It's a great way to get caught up and get to know the subjects of the blog. I hope you're enjoying it story!

      Delete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)