Sunday, October 26, 2014

Ride 70 - First bareback canter (video)!!

 After working my butt off all day I decided to hop on Chrome for a few minutes just to see if he was sore after trotting so much yesterday.  He wasn't!  Yay!  The ride was only fifteen minutes long because I noticed a bloody spot between his cheekbones on his throat and I freaked out!  Luckily it was just a swollen tick that he had squished.  Hubby removed it and we cleaned and treated it.  Poor guy!  I need to coat him in fly spray apparently.  I forget that just because the flies are gone doesn't mean the ticks are.... sigh.

Anyway, back to the ride.  I just hopped on him bareback with a halter and lead rope since it was going to be a short ride.


Wanna know what the yellow and white thing is?  Check out this video...


Yep they are huge hay tarps.  He had never seen them before (we got them today and put them out to dry before covering the hay), but he had no problem at all.  In fact I was only asking him to walk between them. He's the one who wanted to walk on them!!  At the end of the video when I started to talk I was saying I hope he didn't make a hole in them lol.  He didn't.  Chrome is going to be an awesome CTR horse!!

After that I was riding him around, then started trotting him to make sure he wasn't sore and then I did this...


Sorry the video is crap.  It's from a cell phone and it totally messed up in my video editor.  I tried twice to fix it before I gave up.  Oh well.  You can see that he cantered with me on him bareback and in only a halter and lead rope!  We have come a long way with my confidence!  I'm so proud of him.  I actually cantered him twice.  Hubby didn't get video the first time so we did it again.  :)  He was ducking his head and I reverted back to pulling him up... oops... I have to stop doing that.  I have to chant to myself, he is not bucking, he is not bucking lol.  For some reason it really feels like he is because his head is normally up so high.  The feeling is even worse bareback!  Oh well, we had fun!

After that I let him lick on the salt block, while I enjoyed the gorgeous weather and warm breeze.

 One of the things I love about bareback lol.

He is soooo cute when he gets zoned out over his salt block.  :D
LOVE those white eyelashes!

Don't forget to enter my giveaway!  I'm going to draw winners tomorrow.  No one has requested the endurance plate, so if someone doesn't snatch it up I'm putting it on my car lol.

Also please check out the Ponies in Pink contest over at Racing to Ride and vote for your favorite!!!

5 comments:

  1. You two are so awesome together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun stuff! And he is such a cool horse. I too love the white eyelashes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh cantering bareback - very brave! i had to do that in a show class a few weeks ago and was gripping the mane like there was no tomorrow lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! Very excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)