Thursday, April 22, 2010

Clicker Training

I did a short clicker session with Chrome last night and I noticed two things.

Number one. He understands the click. As soon as I click he's looking for his treat. That's what I was waiting on. :)

Number two. He's bored with targeting. I can't blame him. I'm bored too.

Chrome will target high, low, toward his shoulder, toward his chest (he has difficulty with this one because he can't see it) and he follows it around. So now it's time to look in my Step-by-step Clicker Training for your Horse book by Alexandra Kurland to see where we need to move on. :) When I figure that out I'll update again. I am going to try to video tape some of our sessions, but if I don't please don't be mad at me lol.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, time to move on. I don't have Alex's book, but I have the one Sharon Foley wrote "Getting to Yes." That's a good book, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay glad you two are getting on so well! :) There's loads of stuff to do in the step by step book, so can't wait to see what you move onto next :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the training is going well! Congratulations! It's always a pleasure to work with a smart animal, too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)