Friday, April 2, 2010

Quiet

It's been quiet around here. I've been so busy I haven't had the chance to really mess with Chrome at all. I think he misses our time together. I haven't groomed him in days lol. The weather has turned bad. I don't know how long it will last, but I'm hoping not too long. I was dragging all day, barely able to wake up, because of the dreary weather.

Oh I do have good news!! My neighbor's horse Two Socks is back!! I was on the back deck cleaning out chick feeders or something and I heard Chrome neighing and neighing and neighing. He was standing at the fence staring off into the neighbor's pasture. Then I heard an answering neigh and the sound of thundering hooves. Two Socks came flying around the pond. He was going fast for a twenty plus year old horse lol.

Since they seemed to really want to see each other I went out and opened the gate to the adjoining paddock and let Chrome and Zep graze by the fence with their buddy. They were so excited to see each other. :) I heard another horse frantically neighing so my guess is she probably had moved him back to her other property (the one adjoining our land is rental property) to keep another horse company or something because he was gone for around two months. I was happy to see him. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is good. I hate it when horses I go by all the time disappear! Glad he is back and had a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good to see Two Socks is back. Sounds like Chrome really missed him too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)