Friday, April 30, 2010

Sorry No Video

Normally I try not to post more than once a day, but I did my monthly goals update earlier and now I have to tell you about my clicker session with Chrome today. I wasn't able to get video because . . .

Okay, that was a bit crazy. We had to get our stuff and dogs and take them to the basement because of a tornado. Luckily it hopped over us. So now that the drama is over I'll finish my post.

I didn't get video because of the rain and bad weather, but I was able to show my husband all of Chrome's tricks. He did target, grownups are talking and backing really well. He picked right back up where we left off with the backing. I was able to point to his chest and he backs up. I even got two steps a couple of times. I also did the leading exercise. He places himself right by my shoulder perfectly, but he's still a bit slow to stop. He only pushed past me once. The other times he just stopped about two steps past me.

I tried working on giving kisses, but he's confused so I'm going to drop it for a bit (unless he starts offering again) and probably use targeting later to do that one.

Well that's all for now. I have one of my worst sinus headaches ever as well as a sore, itchy throat and I'm exhausted from sneezing all day. I hate allergies. Mine are always bad, but for about three weeks every spring and every fall they get worst than bad lol. I'll write tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. OMG a tornado sounds so scary, thank goodness it missed you.

    Yay I'm really thrilled how well you are getting on with Chrome, he sounds like such a smart colt. I can tell you guys are going to have so much fun together.

    hope you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank goodness the tornado missed you!

    Sounds like Chrome is getting to be a champ at clicker training!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)