Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 5 Chrome's Abscess

Actually it's been four full days (96 hours) since I found the abscess.  I just put day one the day I found it lol.  Sorry for the confusion.  :)

Chrome spent all day outside grazing today and did not have any pain meds.  He's still limping, but not the three legged hobble anymore.  The swelling is limited to his fetlock now (and not nearly as bad) instead of up to his knee.  There's no heat or soreness in the leg at all.  The pain is only in the hoof as far as we can tell.  :) 

Today when we soaked his hoof in hot Epson salt water he almost fell asleep.  Silly boy!!  Keep sending abscess bursting thoughts please lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)