Friday, January 22, 2010

Fourth Road Walk - Second Time Alone

I meant to write yesterday but I just got so busy that I didn't have time. We took Chrome on another walk by himself on the roads. Actually he wasn't by himself. My husband was walking the dogs, so we don't have pictures unfortunately. I wish I had taken the camera because at one point Chrome was sniffing Storm and had his neck arched beautifully, but I was being lazy, :)

Chrome did great! Since Zeppelin didn't bray at him and Galaxy wasn't there to neigh at him, he was much quieter. The only time he neighed was when we passed the neighbor's pasture and their gelding neighed at him. He neighed back once and then kept walking.

The only thing he hesitated on was a huge mud puddle. It was ankle deep and very wide. I just walked into it and waited on him. He looked around for a long time and finally walked through it. The whole time he walked through it he looked like he thought something was going to eat him. I wish he could understand English. I would have told him it wasn't deep enough for sharks or crocodiles lol. So, sorry I don't have pictures. It's still exciting though. If things aren't as busy tomorrow I'll try to get some pictures posted of him playing with his toys. :)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like he is making progress! He should be able to a take on anything when it is time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing so well with his walks out, that is great work with the puddle, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an exciting walkie. You were right about that puddle. No telling what could have been in there.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)