Saturday, May 21, 2011

Chrome's Injury Update

I think I found out what is causing the mysterious swelling. I was checking his throat without a halter on and there is a three inch cut right across his throat exactly where the throat piece of the halter sits. I bet he had his head through the barbed wire fence (one of the drawbacks of the lease land) and spooked which sliced his throat. It's not life threatening, but it is pretty deep so I'm going to call the vet on Monday for antibiotics. Sheesh this horse has taken more antibiotics in his two years than I have in my whole life lol. Anyway at least that explains the lump on his throat. Thanks guys.

2 comments:

  1. I was worried there for a while and I had no advise for you. I'm glad you solved the mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch - I hate those mysterious injuries! I'll keep fingers crossed it isn't anything serious! Maybe your hubby could put lengths of PVC pipe on the wire strands? It'd be a little bit time consuming, you'd have to slit them lengthwise and then secure them with hose clamps, but it might be worth it in the long run!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments, advice and questions! Your comments are what makes blogging so worth it. I love to hear from my followers, so thanks for taking the time to share your comments. :)